Friday, May 2, 2008

Blogapalooza 2008!!!!

Just stole the pic above off Tristan's blog! Thanks Tristan
Tristan, Me, Jill, Shauna (private blog) and Nancy.
As most of you know, the most important party of the year was held last night! If you weren't there, you missed out. But you were also missed (Lisa-Marie).


Blogapalooza!!!!!


I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had! I'm so glad I was able to go and meet all these wonderful women. I was about a half an hour late getting there and I was so worried! I kept saying to John, "I'm MISSING OUT AS WE SPEAK!!!" I was late because I couldn't find my stupid camera! Or my wedding ring! And I chipped my fingernail polish! Once I found my lost items, however, I was FINALLY out the door! The hour and a half drive with a bawling Faith and a whiny Levi in the backseat were totally worth it.


And before I get to the pictures, I have to thank my fabulous husband, John, who got off work early, drove me to Provo so that I could nurse Faith right before the party started, found something to do during said party, then waited in the parking lot for 40 minutes at the end while I continued to chat and then nurse ONE MORE TIME before he drove the hour and a half back home. Thank-You, Thank-You, Thank-You, John!!!
Okay, on to the par-tay!

Once I got there, the ice-breaker game was in full session. Lorena won the oh so coveted prize of Celia's delectable See's chocolates for getting the most answers right. The questionnaire had questions where you found the person that fit the fill-in-the-blank description. Such as:

  • My husband and nursing infant are waiting outside in the car right now.
Hmmm.... I think I know the answer to that one!

  • My video about Barf Training has gotten more than 1000 hits on YouTube.
Answer: Jessica

  • I drove an hour in a quest to obtain a cupcake but was denied. The store was closed.
Answer: Rachel

  • My daughter pooped in her sister's slipper. It was blog worthy.
Answer: Heather

My only regret is that I didn't get to spend enough time chatting with everyone and there were so many people there that I still didn't even get to talk to! Thanks Celia and Denae and everyone else who helped put this together! It was the GREATEST!!!!
Okay, on to the pics you've been dying to see!!!



Celia and Paige conducting (hey look! There's beautiul Bridget in the corner! Hi Bridget! )


Jill explaining her giveaway.


My 'Win' from Sally who has no blog. Thanks Sally!


Jill, Lorena, me and Denae


Me and the Famous Celia


Kara, Anne-Marie, Laurie (who was the lucky winner of MY 'Saturday Splurge' prize) and Me

Me and Paige. Paige's face says it all. THAT is how much fun we had!

Lorena and I

I wish I had more pictures! But I was having too much fun to take any!

It was so much fun to meet everyone on person. I had a pit in my stomach the entire day because I was so nervous! But once I got in that room, all my fears went away. You're all just as wonderful (more EVEN) than your blogs make you out to be.
And Shally!!! How on earth did I not get a picture of the two of us together??! It's TRAGIC!!

30 comments:

Linsey said...

Yours was the first blogapalooza post to pop up on my reader. What a fun party!!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!!!!


The nametags were so adorable!! Somebody worked really hard :)


I love the pictures and hearing all about it!

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun!

And may I just say, kuddos to the hubby! My hubby would've been complaining the whole time.

Thanks for introducing me to this fun world of blogging. Hopefully, someday, I will be attending a blogapaloooza and meeting such fun people!

Jenna Harris said...

I am a closet WW memeber and I loved your Saturday Splurge. So cute.

Jenna Harris said...

That's member. I do really know how to spell.

Laura said...

Glad you had fun, Holly! I know how much you were looking forward to this big event!

Rochelleht said...

How fun! Glad you posted and I got to see pictures. Katri and I talked about it yesterday, thinking about you guys at your big party.

Kim said...

How fun for you! You look gorgeous, as always.
That was so sweet of John, what a dedicated husband!

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, what fun! If I didn't know better I would think you were all pregnant because everyone's just GLOWING!

Thanks for missing me!!!

Amateur Steph said...

So Holly I'm totally curious as to how to become a superblogger. I love the community that comments on your blogs; how did you find them?

Tristan said...

Your husband is awesome! He gets major points! It was so fun to meet you! I know what you mean about not having enough time to talk to everyone!

mahina said...

sounds like a blast! wish i could have been there, too! i opted for watching bridget's kids, instead of going, so she could go! i know, i'm so nice! haha! i am totally kidding, i didn't know about it until it was too late, but i was more than happy to watch bridget's kids so she could enjoy the party!

Jylaire said...

How fun! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hollyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Loved the photos of the Blogging Day out! What a fabulous day! You look absolutely radiant, and I must add that you look truely hot in white and know how to take a photo!
love your favourite cousin...me...Marsha oxoxox

Heather said...

It was such a tragedy that we didn't get to visit more.

I should take that shiny new train and come to see you.

(could you pick me up?)

Hollyween said...

Heather,

YES, YES!!!! COME!!!!

♥Shally said...

I think it was because we were too busy laughing...

I didn't get pictures of ANYONE!!

Bridget said...

Thanks for the recap Holly. You were someone who I seriously thought, 'oh my gosh she's even prettier in real life.' It was so fun to actually meet you. I love all my virtual friends. Blogging moms rock!

Jill said...

Fabulous post!! Great pictures. Wasn't that totally the party of the year. It was soooo fun. Everyone was better than I expected. LOVED IT.

Lorena said...

I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, either!

I think the party was like Chinese food. It left me wanting so much more!

So fun to meet you...FINALLY! Love the pictures of us, except that I need to learn how to look at the right cameras.

When we come in July we'll have MUCH more time and MUCH more fun!

Anonymous said...

Holly,
I already had friends visiting for Women's Conference weekend or I probably would have gone with Lorena (although Lorena, Jessica and you are the only 3 I would even know personally). I'm glad you had fun - that's hilarious about the nursing baby thing...been there!!

The Brann's said...

Looks like a great time. Glad it was everything you hoped it would be.

Jake said...

Loved meeting you! You are even cuter in real life.

ashli said...

I sure wish I could have gotten a chance to talk with you in person. There were too many people to enjoy and not enough hours in the night.
Love your blog! It was so nice to see real faces and hear voices.
here is to blogapalooza 2009!
ashli s.

Hazen5 said...

What a fun night! I wished I could have stayed longer. It was soooo great to finally meet you in the flesh, we are "Real" friends now!

Annemarie said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!! I had such a great time visiting with you! What a great night! You got a lot more pics than I did. I was too busy flapping my gums...

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Seeing this post I realize my wife is still just a rookie in the blogging world. She is an addict, but I don't think she knows what she has gotten herself into yet.

Robin said...

It was so fun to meet you. I love your blog and now I feel comfortable commenting on it because I've met you. I am going to try the mascara.

Nortorious said...

Paige is going to kill you for that photo.

kelly said...

seeing everyone's pictures kinda make me wish i had gone, but alas - i felt like i didn't know enough people, not to mention i'm a bit of a wallflower.... oh well, maybe next year.