Monday, April 21, 2008

Recipe For Disaster/And Obligatory '10 Months' Post

Wanna know a recipe for disaster?
Spaghetti Sauce
+
A very cute baby
=
This:

Toilet paper

+

The same cute baby

=

This:

And this:

Some things Faith is doing now:
  • Climbing onto and into everything and making it impossible to get important things done such as blogging. See example below:

  • Pointing at everything she feels she must have and doing the puppy pant in order to obtain said item.
  • Pretty much giving up baby food. She's ready for all the big stuff now and doesn't want you trying to shove some liquid-y goop into her mouth. She'll do it herself, thank-you very much and she prefers if you go to a lot of trouble to cut the pieces up small.
  • Sticking everything in her mouth and nearly choking to death. Got a piece of clear plastic on the floor? She'll find it and scare the crap out of you while she wheezes and you panic while digging through her mouth trying to find it.
  • Nursing. Yup. STILL. I'm actually fine with it and at this point wouldn't it be stupid not to go until she's a year old in a whole, I don't know 2 months? I think it's sort of funny when people ask me if I'm still nursing as if I'm nursing my 5 year old.
  • Freaking out when she sees any furry animal such as our horses, the neighbor's horses, the dog, and even the bunny on TV.
  • And speaking of TV, she likes that really annoying Teletubbies show. Hey, isn't the purple one gay? I seem to remember a controversy over that. She also likes Sesame Street.
  • Ruining all her clothes by crawling at top speed in filthy areas. Nothing like a crawling baby to show you just how dirty your house is.
  • Enjoying any and every bed. She crawls to the top, then to the bottom, then to the top. It's really just sooo much fun for her.

  • Using her teeth for biting extra sensitive areas.
  • Sporting 6 teeth!
  • Waking up too many times at night
  • Playing 'Hide-n-go-seek' with Levi and giggling the whole time.
  • And lastly? Sporting 'The baby Grinch' do. I couldn't find a pic of the baby Grinch so the 'big' Grinch is going to have to do. But just look at the similarity, won't you?

The Faith Do:

The Grinch Do:




She's a busy body, but she makes up for it with all her cuteness.

35 comments:

McMillan Family said...

she is so cute. But this post is scaring me. I don't know if I am ready for all of that again. But when they are as cute as Faith you just say "Its worth every minute". So cute.

Vickie said...

So adorable!!!! I want to squeeze those little cheeks! I love the toilet paper shot. You gotta love that phase, don't you.

mahina said...

i love the faith do!

i have the same exact pictures of our 18 month old. spaghetti is such a mess, but it makes for a great picture! and what baby doesn't LOVE pulling all of the toiletpaper off the role!

now that our baby can open our doors, we have to lock all bathroom doors. however, it can become a disaster when the 4 year old needs to go to the bathroom "really bad" and can't get to the toilet!

Hillary said...

How I (kinda) miss those days! I remember the spaghetti all over themselves. Now my son won't touch the stuff - go figure!

The toilet paper takes me back, too.

And I say " Nurse on Sister!!!"

♥Shally said...

She is so dang cute-- I just want to squeeze those cheeks!!

I love the first picture-- she looks like she is totally posing and pointing...

SO CUTE.

Jen said...

Toilet paper is on sale at Winegars. I think you will need to stock up.

Oh the battle wounds of breast feeding.... with 6 little teethies. Maybe she won't grow any more teeth for another two months!

She is soooo flippin cute! I just love watching Miss Faith in church. If the lesson hits a low point, I can just watch her!

Momma Ballou said...

She is such a pretty baby holly. So photogenic. I'm going to have to just stop by like I used to. Does she still have "Sranger Danger"?

Anonymous said...

She seriously is one of the cutest babies in the world! Those DIMPLES!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable. I loved all the pictures. Man, they get into stuff! India scares the crap out of me too with the choking thing. I simply cant pick up every little thing that the 2 year old drops, KWIM?

joyce said...

I LOVE the picture of John, Levi and Faith. You can tell that Faith is laughing her head off! She's such a silly puppy.
Ahhhh, the joy....

Anonymous said...

She's so stinkin' cute - how can you possibly stay mad at that face?? Her hair resemblance to the Grinch is uncanny (she's not talking smack about Christmas is she cuz that would be wierd.) My 7 month old is on the verge of doing all those naughty baby things, so thanks for the warning!

Rochelleht said...

Seriously!? She is too stinkin' cute!!! Love the hair.

Jake said...

I LOVE how much you love your kids! It shines through every time. She is so so so cute!

Jennie said...

So cute! I love the spaghetti picture and the last paciture. I forgot how busy little ones can be!

Thanks for taking Sam yesterday, you are a life saver!!

Heather said...

the whole you are STILL nursing cracks me up too.-Although it probably seems like our kids are 5 years old sometimes...

Becky B said...

She's soooo cute!! Does she eat the toilet paper too?? Bradyn not only has fun with toilet paper like Faith, but he eats it too. They should get together and have a toilet paper party...they would be in heaven!

Christie said...

Oh my gosh, that one of her smiling so huge behind the binkie? ADORABLE. I want to eat her up. She is just so stinkin' cute. You are one lucky girl.

Lauren in GA said...

She is seriously so, so cute!

I love how you worded all of this...like how you explained one of her pastimes is, "nearly choking to death". Got a clear piece of plastic on the floor?"

She is so cute...even while covered in toilet paper. :)

Laura said...

Ahhh, the spaghetti picture! So cute. I can still relate to the tp mess, because Puff is still in that phase.

Audry said...

That's one cute 10 month old. I wish my 11 month old was doing some of those things. She is still not crawling. Her stint in a cast has put her behind.

Jylaire said...

She's too cute! I love that age, but there's never a quiet moment!

Lorena said...

See, a mom whose baby is 4 years old can oooh and ahhh at this stage, because we're over it. She is darling, enjoy every second because soon she'll be talking back at you and telling you what to do...at least they do at my house!

Becky said...

She is way too cute! What a fun post. We always strip Bailey down for spaghetti night. It works well, and then she is ready for the tub. She loves it too.

D-dawg said...

I love that last binky picture, I want to eat her up she's so cute. Love the grinch do and I was just at Celia's this morning and Alice was doing the same crawl on the table and try to sit on the computer thing!

Tristan said...

She is full of cuteness! They want to be so big all of the time, especially when they watch the older sibling right? My 14 month is is waking up at night too...it is really getting old.

erin said...

Faith is such a cute girl.
Don't you just love it when our babies become mobile and get into everything.
Isn't great to be a mom, every day the kiddos do something to make us smile.

janelle said...

loving every bit of it until I came to the waking up at night bit. Oh, don't you hate that? Babies would be utterly perfect, really, except for the nightly wake-ups. Let's get rid of those and I'd have 10.

Faith is a cutie!

Jill said...

She is too dang cute! I love the dimples, to die for. Why is she waking up in the middle of the night? Ah, that's a killer one.

The Brann's said...

She's so adorable. I can't believe she's 10 months already!!

Mariel said...

I love the Grinch comparison! Cute pictures! It's funny that it seems to be in a baby's nature to make a mess out of everything!

chrissy said...

She's so stinkin' cute! But the first four pictures are exactly why I'm kinda glad Olivia's slackin' in the crawling department.

And she totally looks like the grinch! Except way WAY cuter.

Kim said...

I love love love Faith's hair! I am with you on the crawling on the floor thin...I was mortified when Jacob had dirty knees from MY floor! And then I got over it and cleaned a little more often. I thought people were supposed to try to nurse their babies until they were at least a year..what do I know???

The Nelson Family said...

I LOVE the pasta photo! She is such a doll. Can you believe she's coming up on a year?! What are you going to do? Big party? :)

Nortorious said...

How do I teach my baby to smile into the camera? Mimi looks away at the last second and it drives me nuts.

Linsey said...

I love this stage when they are into everything and adorable and so it makes it all okay. Isaac is just starting to become a person and I can't wait for him to start going crazy discovering the world around him - that is my favorite part of having a baby!!