Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet

1910-2008
I will miss you, President Hinckely.
When I heard the news that our beloved prophet for my church passed away, I was so saddened and couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I was also so happy that he could be with his beloved wife again. He hasn't been shy in saying how much he has missed her.
He has done such remarkable work for the church especially in regards to temple work.
President Hinckley has always sort of been "My Prophet" simply because I remember him the very most and he was the prophet in my teens and through adulthood during my most influential years. I have loved and looked forward to listening to him during General Conference and also hearing his cute sense of humor. He has been such a profound influence in my life. I had the opportunity to go to women's conference at the conference center a couple of years ago. When he walked in, there was a hush and an instant feeling of peace. I'm so grateful that I've had the privilege of listening to him speak and letting his words and guidance strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ. You couldn't help but be overwhelmed with the spirit when you heard him. I will miss him so much. He has been a very dear prophet for me in my life.

14 comments:

Jill said...

Stop...I'm trying not to cry, but when you look at his face you just see pure love. He was amazing. I will miss his hand moving up and down while he talked! Loved that. He was so cute! He should have been exalted.

D-dawg said...

I will miss him so much. He was so wonderful in so many ways. I know he's getting his much deserved rest but still.... it's so sad to have him gone.

Lisa-Marie said...

I feel like he is "my" prophet too. I will miss him.

Kim said...

What a wonderful man he is. I always wondered how we got so lucky to have him around for so long. I kept waiting for him to be "twinkled" into heaven because he was so good. How wonderful that he gets to be with his sweetheart again though.

Lauren in GA said...

Holly,
Thank you so much for that. It was so beautifully written. I cried, too. I am happy for him that he gets to be with his beloved Marjorie again. I got a good chuckle when I read Paige's blog and saw her sisters's comments.
Seriously, thank you so much for what you wrote. It really touched me.

Anonymous said...

I will miss President Hinckley, too! I am happy for him that he can be with his wife again and be free from the infirmities of old age. He was a wonderful man and worked so hard for the Church his whole life.

Laura

shauna said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony. It is so comforting to know others feel the way I do.

I will miss him so much. He left an amazing legacy.

Becky said...

What a dear sweet man! I will miss him so much, but I know that he is with his wife. The love he had for her was amazing. I am so grateful for him and his service!

Bridget said...

It is hard for me to imagine the church without him. He has been in church leadership for so long that it will be very strange without him. He was such a sweet man.

janelle said...

Loved your post. He was such a sweet man and connected the church with the rest of the world in such an effective and encouraging way. I will miss hearing his words and am so happy for him that he's with his cute wife again.

Kari said...

I think for our age group he was really special and very important. He will be the prophet that is in the forefront of our minds in our lifetime. Great post!

kari

Sunny said...

Although I am not a part of your Church, I appreciate what he obviously meant to you. Sending condolences... what a beautiful thought, that he is with his wife now.

Amber said...

Beautiful tribute! He has been the prophet of my adulthood and I, too will miss him!

Anonymous said...

I will miss him as well. He's back with his wife... and in a better place.