Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Four Months


Today Faith is FOUR months old!!!! She celebrated by waking up 6 times in the night. I'd like to celebrate with a nap... or at least by watching a DVR'd Oprah or Ellen (John can get pretty annoyed by all my timers set on the DVR, but I find it essential to have a lot of shows recorded for a rainy day when I'm totally bored out of my mind. Which... hasn't happened since I've been pregnant). Faith has never been a great day-time napper. She sleeps maybe 30-40 minutes in a stretch and she'll do this about 4 times during the day... if I'm LUCKY. I've been okay with that though because she's always been so great during the night and usually wakes up once and then goes right back to sleep. Well... NOT ANYMORE!!!! Ever since we put her in her crib, she wakes up more frequently. As mentioned before, last night hit an all-time high. Just when I'd finally sleep walk back to bed with a crick in my neck from dozing off in the recliner and get all cozy, she'd cry. It made ME want to cry too. After several times of this, my boobs became useless because there was nothing left (which says a lot because I usually have a great supply). Any advice? Do I let her cry it out this early? Should I not feed her when she wakes up? Usually feeding her wasn't a problem because it was once, but this?? This is just too much. I need to find a solution before she becomes dependent on needing me to put her back to sleep. I remember when Levi was a baby and we finally buckled down and let him cry it out. It took two very horrible nights and then he was fine. But this is different. She's younger than he was and she doesn't cry when you lay her down like Levi did. She goes down fine, all by herself and even puts herself to sleep initially. She doesn't even cry a TON when she wakes up. She's just AWAKE and she's fussing enough that I can't get back to sleep. What made it worse last night was that when I laid down on my pillow, my ear kept thumping. Yes. Thumping. It was like there was a marching band in my ear. So if this post makes no sense it's because I'm tired from the crying and the thumping. But... it's still been a fantastic four months. We are so glad we have this cutie in our lives.
I had to add the picture below because it was just too dang cute.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, she is soooooooo precious!!! Ahhh. Those are the cutest pictures, I want to eat her up. Those dimples are to die for. I can't believe she is 4 months. It flys by too stinkin' fast!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

so cute Holly!!! On those difficult nights, it's a very good thing that they are SO cute. I don't know about your kids, but with mine, they always looked exceptionally beautiful in the middle of the night.
Sweet pictures!!

Celia Fae said...

She doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear.

I had the same problem with naughty baby Alice. I like the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child by Marc Weissbluth.

Congratulations on not being mentally ill. I would have cried all day.

The Birds said...

She is so beautiful!!!! I need a baby like yours! I want to snuggle her! I guess I need to kick it in high gear and finish my adoption stuff!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are SOOOO CUTE! Hopefully she is doing better at night now!!! Hang in there!

Laura

D-dawg said...

That is the cutest picture. The book that I loved was baby wisperer. And I do let them cry it out eventually if they need to but it is so hard! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
Well this is grandma talking, but I know how to solve your problem immediately....(drum roll...)
PUT HER IN BED WITH YOU! (This is after her first wake-up.)
It won't hurt her; it won't hurt you; and you'll be amazed at how happy you'll all become. Don't worry; it doesn't last forever. I love you, Honey! Good luck!
Love, mom
PS: Those pics are the best!!!!

Jessica said...

You have lots of advice here...mine is the Ferber method. I have 4 kids and all 4 kids all SUPER sleepers (naps, nighttime, never wake up--mostly) and I swear, they are made not born (at least mine weren't).

But that's only if you are really mean, like me.

And don't look at that picture, if you are letting her cry it out, cause then you'll totally give in.

Sunny said...

OMG, could your babies be any cuter?!?!?!?!?! Thanks for making me and DH smile. We can't wait for our own!

The Nelson Family said...

Isn't it incredible how they start to look like a little PERSON! She is getting so cute, and those smiles are precious! Good luck on the "sleeping through the night". It seems like every time Jane starts sleeping 12 hours something wrecks her schedule...six month shots...the new tooth that came on her 7 month birthday :)

Kim said...

Can I just say that I think that the babies we have to wait for are especially adorable!?!? I know ours is! It's because of all of those special orders (otherwise known as prayers) we put in! Definately worth waiting for and doesn't it make it that much better to be a mommy?!?

Anonymous said...

My son Hayden thinks Faith looks like him because she is sooooooo cute and he is often described as cute! Her dimples are going to be man magnets when she is older.....watch out!
By the way don't bother with the cookbook........as if you are going to puree a whole bunch of stuff! Seems toooo hard.
Love ya,
Marsha